e’s Irrefutable Laws of Networking
Ok, I’ve been cranking on these today….what do you think? Do you agree? Disagree?
E’s Irrefutable Laws of Networking:
1. Thou shalt not sell.
2. While there is an “I” in networking, there is no “Me.”
3. Treat your Social Capital like your Financial Capital: Save it for a rainy day.
4. Networking is more like farming; less like hunting.
5. Keep on dating in networking, just like the first time.
6. Thou shalt bring passion to the table.
7. Network up, down, across, and out of your world.
8. Follow up. Every. Time. All the time.
9. Networking is a chronic condition.
10. Network face to face first*, THEN connect online (*unless physically impossible).
11. Get as far away from your desk as possible while networking.
12. Follow up and thank yous: kick it old school.
13. Treat Networking like a career or mad skill – keep polishing your skills.
That’s all I got. Thoughts????