A Rant, with Friendly Reminders
After some seriously bizarre energy over the last 2+ weeks coming my way, and pleading for the universe to take it away over at the faceplace, I need to state the following for the record, as a reminder to myself more than anything. If it helps the fab 13 out too, great.
1. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t and won’t have all the answers.
2. In fact, every day I have fewer answers. As I’ve said here, I just tend to have more questions.
3. I try to be fair and look out for the majority, even sometimes the minority (when there is injustice), but when that doesn’t work and I’m fighting an uphill battle, I do start asking why, then I think about quitting, just like everyone else. Sometimes, quitting is OK. In fact, quitting is better than doing something half-baked.
4. While I’m generally a rule-follower, I have a problem with rules if there is no rationale for them, or worse yet, nothing better than “that’s the way we’ve always done it” as the excuse for why something is done the way it is. Or, if a rule was founded on something antique. Rules must change, just like everything else.
5. I am doing the best job I can, with the resources I have, and the time allotted. If that’s not good enough, see #3 above.
6. (Caution: the link I’m about to share has rated R language, so don’t go there if you’re PG), but...this. Said another way, the past is in the past for a reason. It should probably stay there.
7. I have no crystal balls, special powers, or magical abilities. I just work hard. There are no shiny secrets to being ‘successful’ either. If there are shiny secrets when I do get to the land of successful one day, I’ll be sure to share them. For now, I’m just working hard.
8. Success is the best revenge.
9. Ok, I lied. THIS is the magical shiny secret to success (sorry, more R rated in the link). And I needed this reminder this week.
10. Quit fighting weird energy/arguing and get back to work. Make things that matter.