My Fellow Americans and Earthlings:
First of all, I already voted. That ought to get me some type of free blocker of all political ads until the election on my channels.
That aside, here’s some stuff I’ve been and will be working on for 4Q16.
1. Pharmacy Listening & Reading Survey for 2017 – I can’t write and podcast unless I know what the audience wants – so behold, a place where you can give me feedback on what I should write and speak about for the pharmacy podcast and other writings for 2017. It’s open until 10/31, and instead of not sharing the data, I am going to send an exec summary to ALL who ask for it when completing the survey, because I’m cool like that and NOT a data hoarder…
2. SWE3 – Yup, started interviews for the 5 year anniversary, 3rd edition of Single. Women. Entrepreneurs., coming in 2017! I can’t WAIT to hear what these amazing women have been up to over the past 5 years.
3. Indiegogo campaign for the S(He) Says Guide to Mentoring – The campaign is coming soon. The book is arriving in 2017. Follow the faceplace page link above for that magic. While I’ve set up mentoring programs for women in the past, and mentored more than a big share of students, this is the first time I’m writing a book specific to mentoring, and collaborating with one of MY mentors, Dr. David Borst.
4. PowerPak article on the DQSA – is now here – yay! This one was a couple of years in the making (kind of like the DQSA itself) – shoutout to my colleague, Dr. Angela Ockerman, for co-piloting with me on this.
5. 5 Roads of Retail Pharmacy Love – is on its way – part 1 is published, parts 2-5 coming soon! Regardless, it’s a long overdue love note to my first pharmacy gig, retail! Oh, and the fellow is on top of the new mini series over at pharmacy podcast coming on residencies vs. fellowships and prepping for Midyear. Here’s a mini quiz you can take if you’re not sure yourself as a P4 which way you should go! (Take it in Chrome – it doesn’t play nicely with Safari, for some reason…)
6. HBA Indiana – I’m running for President. (Not POTUS.) Instead, I’m running for HBA Indiana President for 2017. It’s time for me to get back out there and understand what’s going on in healthcare at the state and regional levels, AND help other young and mid-career women make their career marks! It also fits into the fact that I’ve been tracking women at the helm of pharmacy and healthcare companies in the US, and we’re not making enough progress. Also, I started a Health IT company list for Indiana – why oh why no one had a list before I find baffling. This will take me some time to develop–but hey, at least it is started!
7. Midway on the fall Masterminds – have a sign up list for spring if you’ve been shopping for a writing or pharmacy career coach!
8. ASPL - pharmacy, meet law. Law, meet pharmacy. The two meet up at the American Society for Pharmacy Law, which will meet up in Austin, TX in a couple of weeks. Of all the career paths I’ve studied, THIS group has the weirdest and most out of the box careers I’ve seen to date. Got my new book out on pharmacy law in IN, and have new talks coming up this fall on pharmacy law – yay!
9. Plotting 2017 – Now that SXSW is off the table, I’m definitely thinking about the freaky meetings I can head to in 2017. I’m thinking podcasting, blogging, social media, self publishing and maybe a few others….we’ll see. Regardless, it’s good to have a plan for the coming year!
10. Other – I know what you’re thinking… “Hey, Albert – where’s the #STEMPrincess4 book?” It’s still here, it’s just cued up for 2017. I figured I needed to get a few books ahead of it finished before I dove full time into that project. Besides, I’m still shopping for a sponsor for book 4. I can’t blow this series into the ginormous brand it could be alone! So, if you’re reading this and want to help out with #STEMPrincess series, hit me up via twitter or social. And until 11/15/16, we’ve got the Myers and Stauffer Pharmaceutical Pricing Fellowship and APPE rotation applications up – come work with me next year and see all the magic!!!!!
That’s all I’ve got for right now. Much love to you out there – I hope you “fall” into an amazing…autumn!