Dr. Erin Albert is an award-winning entrepreneur, writer, health outcomes pharmacist, attorney, coach, and podcaster. She is the founder of two companies (Pharm, LLC and Yuspie, LLC), and a health outcomes pharmacist for Myers and Stauffer, LC. She has penned over a dozen books on a range of topics, in a variety of categories
. Her books have been featured in The Huffington Post
, the BBC, NPR, Entrepreneur.com, DanPink.com, Forbes
, and The New York Times
. She also has been quoted on pharmacy practice in The Wall Street Journal
An advocate for STEAMED* education, Erin is developing a series of children’s books for girls and boys ages 5-9 (and their families) to introduce them to the languages and career paths in STEM:
- 1: The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM (2014) - the original story of the princesses.
- 2: The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM: FUNBOOK ALPHA (2015) - a hands on activity book for kids in a few areas of STEM.
- 3: The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM: Coloring Book Beta (2016) - a coloring book featuring all 20 princesses from book 1, ready for your child’s crayons and imagination.
- 4: Book four – coming in 2017.
The book series is available at her company’s Square Store
Dr. Albert has written for several regional and national online and news outlets, along with pharmacy magazines, such as Pharmacy Times
, Drug Topics and Power-Pak
. She is also a passionate advocate for others to gain experience in writing and publishing. During her near decade as an assistant and associate professor at Butler University COPHS, she mentored 7 different student-driven publishing and book projects, and is the founding executive editor of BU Well
, an open-access, multimedia, student-driven healthcare and wellness journal for students at Butler University.
Last, Erin loves to share with the wider professional pharmacy and healthcare communities as a co-host of The Pharmacy Podcast
. Her podcasts feature interesting and real career development pathways for healthcare professionals. As well, she has been featured on Inside Indiana Business
television, a regular on Abdul-Hakim Shabazz’s radio show (on WIBC in Indianapolis), Pete the Planner’s show and podcasts, Career Coach Caroline (CBS Radio), Blog Talk Radio, the WorkLife Hub Podcast, and ARTxFM internet radio.
In an effort to help more women share their stories on social media channels, Erin is a co-founder of the Social Media Dames Unconference series in 2013 with Amy Stark in Indiana--which is an organization that helps educate women about social media. She also serves on the board of directors for the American Society for Pharmacy Law, and in 2017, will be the president of the Indiana Chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA)
Erin earned a BS in Pharmacy from Butler University, a MBA in Marketing from Concordia University Wisconsin, a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from Shenandoah University, and a JD from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, with a concentration in healthcare law. In 2015, Erin also graduated from the inaugural class of Seth Godin’s altMBA, and earned the Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management (PAHM) designation in 2016.
She has previously worked in a wide variety of pharmacy settings, including but not limited to:
- Health outcomes research, drug pricing, and fee for service care - in her current role,
- Pharmacy academia - for nearly 10 years, teaching a myriad of different courses in pharmacy, law, entrepreneurship, public health, and policy/advocacy,
- Both the pharmaceutical and biotech industries - in a variety of roles (pharmaceutical marketing, clinical research operations, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs, as a field based medical liaison in several therapeutic areas),
- Community practice pharmacy and pharmacy management, in both urban and rural settings, in different large community pharmacy chains and independent pharmacy practice.
She currently lives in the Midwest.
*STEAMED = science, technology, engineering, art, math, entrepreneurship and design education.
The S(He) Says Guide to Mentoring (2017)
Indiana State Pharmacy Law Guide: 2016 (2016)
The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM: Coloring Book Beta (2016)
The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM: FUNBOOK ALPHA (2015)
Multipationals: The Changing World of Work and How to Create Your Best Career Portfolio (2015)
The Amazing Adventures of the Princesses from Planet STEM (2014)
The New Pharmacist: 46 Doses of Advice (2014)
The Medical Science Liaison: An A to Z Guide (2007 first print edition)
, (2011 second digital edition)
Law School: A Few Short and Plain Statements (2013)
Plan C: The Full-Time Employee and Part-Time Entrepreneur (2011)
Single. Women. Entrepreneurs. (2010 first print edition)
, (2010 second digital edition)
Indianapolis: A Young Professional's Guide (2008 first edition)
, (2010 second edition)
The Life Science Lawyer (2009)